Earlier this week, we thought through the meaning of how "Crisis" is written in Chinese. Two symbols, translating to "danger", and "opportunity".
A third word to add comes from the Greek "krisis", where the English word originated from. In Greek, "krisis" translates to "choice".
Adversity will change us, but how it changes is us the "krisis" – the choice. As we move through our day, when we approach those inevitable challenges and frustrations… we’ll have that choice. To be bitter and upset, or to learn.
Danger, Opportunity, Choice.
KB Goblet Squats
Push Up to Down Dog
Banded Pull Aparts
Mobility [12-15:00] Foam Roll Lats/upper back 90s/side
We want to focus on making sure the hips pop before we start to pull with our arms and back.
5 scap pull ups
5 kip swings
5 strict pull ups or jumping pull ups w/ slow lower
5 kipping pull ups
Kettlebell Swings – Timing Hips
We want to focus on making sure the hips extend before we start to pull with our arms and back to get the kettlebell overhead. By doing this we ensure we are using our legs as the big mover for the KB swing and saving our upper body for the Pull ups
10 russian Swings
5 American Swings
• Part A is a pull up test, so get warmed up and a few reps in before jumping to your max rep set, and go for it all here.
• Part B if you get 10 unbroken reps in part A, your sets in part B will be 7 reps at the 2011 tempo.
• Part B sets do not have to be unbroken but should be as close to unbroken as possible.
• TEMPO is 2s lower, no pause at bottom, pull up and 1 hold 1s at top w/ chin over bar
Complete with lightest band that will allow you to get at lest 8-10 reps in unbroken set or ring rows. If ring rows are pretty easy, let’s elevate our feet to make the movement a bit more challenging.
5 pull ups
10 KB swings
Partner AMRAP 15:00
10 Pull Ups
20 Kettlebell Swings (53/35)
BUILD: Run + Ring Rows or banded Pull Ups + Russian KBS (45/25)
OPEN (RX+): same as FITNESS
• CC: THRESHOLD/PUSH
• With the rest built in, let’s push our pace on our working time.
• Choose a pull up variation you can complete in 1 or 2 sets each round
• Kettlebell swings should be a weight and variation you can complete unbroken each round.
• Each partner can have their own KB weight and pull up variation.
12 Double DB rows (or 10/arm if single arm rows)
21 KB/DB swings
Rest 2:00 after each round