As humans, we like comfort. And anything that challenges that comfort, will be met with resistance. And lots of it. It’s our innate self-preservation mechanism kicking in.
Yet there is a difference between acknowledging the voices, and listening to them.
It is a choice to be lazy.
It is a choice to be frustrated.
It is a choice to be negative.
When we can see these emotions for what they are, we can acknowledge them when they arrive. And then put them where they belong. They do not get a vote in how we live our lives. Only we do.
High Knees / Butt Kickers (30s each)
Inchworm to Push-ups
PVC Pass Through
PVC Hollow/Arch Hold (30 Seconds Each)
Barbell Snatch Grip Romanian Deadlifts
Pec Stretch on Wall/Rig: 30 Seconds Each Side
Table Top Stretch: 45 Seconds
Overhead Stretch on Wall/Rig: 1 Minute
• Something we talked about last week, but worth mentioning again, is pulling the elbows back in the set-up position
• This places that hands right where we want them – in front of the hip bones
• Think "elbows back, hands to hips"
30 Seconds Double Under Practice
POWER SNATCHES – Elbows High
• Let’s talk about the elbows in the pull and the finish
• In the Pull: Elbows High and Outside
• In the Lockout: Lockout Beats the Feet
5 Hang High Pulls
5 Behind the Snatch Grip Neck Push Press
5 Hang Power Snatches
15 Power Snatches, 75# / 55#
• CONDITINING CATEGORY: SPRINT
• We are testing the waters on some previous open workouts, so have a plan of attack and push the intensity today
• Weight should be light today – But just because the weight is light AND intensity is high today, let’s still keep our snatch mechanics solid…no "grip and rip" today
• Let’s look to keep snatches in 1-2 sets for this short but hot open workout
• The number in each round needs to be something you are "automatic" with. These will most likely be done unbroken each round
• If not quite there, let’s keep each rounds to AMRAP 30s on the jump rope in order to achieve intended stimulus OR modify to singles.
50 single unders
15 Hang Power Snatch (empty barbell)
15s at 95% + rest 2:45 x 4-6 sets
terminate sets if power drops
Rest as needed before moving to part B
Strict Dip ladder: 3-6-9-12…
Between each set 15s chin above bar hold
Single DB OH Lunge; 10 steps each side; rest 1:00
30 Double unders
20 alt. DB snatches