The level of effort we will put in today will be relative to what we believe we can accomplish.
If we don’t believe we can lose the weight, we won’t consistently go to the gym. If we don’t believe we can get the job, we won’t put in the research and studying to get the job. We just can’t summon the effort for something we don’t believe is possible.
But this belief matters most not at the start, but in the middle. When hit the missteps… the challenges, hardships and trying moments. Here is where we can settle, changing our expectations for something more "attainable". Not because it’s what we really wanted, but because we’re letting our circumstances change our belief that was once there.
That’s when we can remind ourselves that the quote above came from a man who was cut from his High School basketball team. A man who had every reason to change his expectations. And that, would have ended it. Yet… we know the rest of that story. What will be ours?
push up to down dog
5 scap pull ups
3 pull ups or ring rows
20s high plank + 10s "middle" plank + 5s "just off the ground" plank
5 push ups
3 reverse lunges each side
2 rounds of "Modified Cindy"
5 Strict Pull Ups
10 Push Ups
20 Reverse Lunges (10/ leg)
>>> each round add 1 more round of Modified Cindy
• Active recovery flow workout today.
• This type of workout is longer time domain conditioning to help your aerobic base/capacity. The better you "pace it" the more "bang for you buck" you get
• Keep intensity moderate throughout the entire 25 minutes
20s Single Arm Strict Press (Left)
20s Hollow Rocks
20s Single Arm Strict Press (Right)
20s Walkout Push-ups
• Todays workout focuses on the midline and upper body pressing
• We’ll work through these 8 rounds ‘tabata style’ [:20 On + :10 Off] • Keep a running count of your reps over the 4 movements each round
FULL EQUIPMENT VERSION
Tabata Intervals [8 Rounds of :20 Work + :10 Rest]:
1: Bike Calories
2: Single DB Strict Press (Alternate Arms Every Round)
3: Hollow Hold
Complete All 8 Rounds at Each Station Before Advancing