A short story to share.
A man walked into a shop to order some flowers to be sent as a gift to his mother, living 200 miles away.
As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb sobbing. He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for my mother. But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars." The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I’ll buy you a rose." He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother’s flowers.
As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home. She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother!" She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug grave.
The man returned to the flower shop, cancelled the gifting order, picked up a bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother’s house.
At times, we can take many such relationships with our family and friends for granted. A humbling reminder to value what we have.
Never whine, never complain, never make excuses.
Push-up to Down Dog
Straight Leg Sit-ups
Empty Bar good mornings
Empty Bar back Squats
Empty bar strict press
Empty bar Front Squats
Empty bar Romanian Deadlifts
• With this being a two part movement, the efficiency of our clean will carry over into the jerk
• If we are in the toes for the clean, it will significantly throw off the balance of the jerk
5 Power Cleans (Feet in Cement)
5 Push Jerks (Feet in Cement)
5 Clean and Jerks (Feet in Cement)
SNATCHES – Elbows High
• With a moderate barbell weight, any imbalance in bar path will lead to a much more challenging lift
• Let’s aim to keep the elbows high on the way up and the way back down
• Imagine that you are doing snatches with a wall directly in front of you
• We’ll practice this with a PVC first before moving to the bar
10 PVC Hang High Pulls
5 PVC Muscle Snatches
3 PVC Power Snatches
5 Barbell Power Snatches
***CHOOSE one or the other based on the workout you will do today***
3 Snatches or Clean & Jerks
3 Bar Facing Burpees
1 Round With Workout Weight:
1 Snatches or Clean & Jerks
2 Bar Facing Burpees
3 Clean and Jerks (135/95 lb)
3 Burpees Over the Bar
• CC: THRESHOLD/PUSH
• Let’s push our pace here, but plan for those last 3-4 rounds. Let’s try to end this workout faster than we started it.
• Weight on the bar can be a moderate load for you today. Quick singles might be an effective strategy, especially if you see yourself having to break later in the workout.
• Burpees need to be efficient, and just as fast as they can be while being able to get hands on bar right away after each set.
3 Snatches (135/95 lb)
3 Burpees Over the Bar