One of the most dangerous things we can do in life: to dream too small.
What stops dreamers from dreaming, is fear.
We can convince ourselves that we don’t have what it takes. That we’re not ready yet. That we’re too young or too old.. This fear, in and of itself, is the dream killer. It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy from that point forward, as we can’t accomplish what we can’t believe.
It doesn’t start with the dream. It starts with the belief. The belief that we deserve to step up to the plate, and put the ball over the fences.
5 empty bar front squats
5 empty bar push press
5 empty bar thrusters
1:00 thread the needle each side
Push Through the Bar
There are two areas we can think about pushing through the bar:
1. Focusing on pushing the shoulders through the bar to launch the weight overhead. Thinking about it this way allows for a strong leg drive and prevents an early press with the arms.
2. Focus on pushing the head and chest through the bar after driving the weight overhead. This ensures we lock the weight out over the center of the body on every rep.
Build small each set from empty bar; aim to go a bit heavier here than you expect to use for the workout
200 Meter Run
BUILD: Empty bar thrusters
OPEN (RX+): Thrusters (95/65)
• After completing each round of thrusters, you’ll head out the door for a 200 meter run before returning to the barbell for one less rep than the previous round
• Record your time after finishing the final 200 meter run
• We expect this workout to take around 10-15 minutes to complete
Double Dumbbell Clusters
200 Meter Run
• Kicking off the weekend with a descending rep couplet workout
• The big movement on paper is the double dumbbell cluster, also referred to as a squat clean thruster
• This is one of the most effective movements out there, as it requires us to work through a very large range of motion
• After each round of clusters, you’ll complete a 200 meter run
• We expect this workout to take around 15-20 minutes to complete
• The first 5 rounds of the workout will feel very dumbbell heavy, as 40 of the 55 total reps take place from rounds 10-6
• With a lot of dumbbell reps, consider slowing down your runs to allow for more consistent movement on the clusters
• Taking a quick break at the halfway point of each set can also be beneficial
• When you get to the round of 5, you only have 15 total dumbbell reps remaining
• At this point in the workout, see if you can increase your pace on 1 of the 2 stations
• This could mean slightly speeding up your runs or cycle time through the clusters
DOUBLE DUMBBELLS CLUSTERS
• In the start of each clean, touch one head of the dumbbell to the ground
• Squat clean the weight and drive it overhead with no re-bend of the knees
• We’re ideally choosing a moderate set of dumbbells that allows you to complete 10+ reps unbroken when fresh
• Understanding that everyone has different weights available at home, there are some other option
• Heavier Weight Option: Complete 4-5 Reps Per Round (Reduces Reps From 55 to 40-50)
• Lighter Weight Option: Complete 6-8 Reps Per Round (Increase Reps From 55 to 60-80)