"Win the morning, win the day" is something we’ve all heard once or twice before.
It’s less however about winning the morning, and more about establishing the right habits. The most successful people routinely draw back to a core staple of set daily habits.
Write a short list of healthy habits you believe could push you forward. It could be reading, journaling, "no phone hours", or anything in between. Where consistency is king, discipline is freedom.
30s Active spiderman
30s air squats
1 round of barbell warm up:
5 RDL + 5 back squat + 5 press + 5 front squats
For machines, today is about finding a tough but sustainable pace. It’s been a while since we have been on them, so just feel this out today. If in doubt start out a little slower than you think you need to and finish each set of 50 cals quicker than you started.
For barbell: Let’s pick your two favorite movements, but try and pick 2 complimentary ones, so not overhead squats and front squats, for example.
Weight should feel really light. We are still acclimating to barbell work and there is plenty of time in the next few weeks to go heard and heavy, but today is not that day. Looking to fine tune movement/mechanics and get some consistency under our belts with 2 different barbell movements.
2-3 sets of 3-5 reps to build to out workout weights
(you pick the order)
50 cal row
50 reps barbell (you pick the lift)
50 cal bike
50 reps barbell (you pick the lift…different that the other barbell movement)
** In commments note the 2 movements you chose.
** You can complete this workout in any order, but once you start a movment or machine you have to finsh all 50 reps/cals before moving on.
** Weights should be light to moderate, think something you can complete the 50 reps in 3-6 total sets.
• Spray bumpers and let that soak
• Spray barbell (be sure to spin and get all the way around) and let soak
• Spray handles, seat, and all adjusting knobs on the rower/bike, and last wipe down the monitor. Please don’t spray the monitors, they are not supposed to get wet, so a dampened cloth is all they need! Let the rest of the rower/bike soak.
• If you used your mat for warm up or burpees and jump squats, spray it down and let it soak
• Once you finish spraying everything down, lets go back through and wipe dry the clips, plates, barbell, all the bike parts, and finish with the mat.
30 Dumbbell Swings
30′ Single Dumbbell Overhead Carry (Left)
30′ Single Dumbbell Overhead Carry (Right)
NO EQUIPMENT VERSION:
30 Odd Object Swings
30′ Odd Object Overhead Carry (Left)
30′ Odd Object Overhead Carry (Right)
• This four round workout includes three movements that will challenge the core, grip, posterior chain, and breathing
• We expect this piece to take around 12-16 minutes to complete
• If there’s one station to bring it – it’s the dumbbell swings
• With very short overhead carries and sit-ups to follow, theres more to gain by pushing through big sets here than anywhere else
• One thing that can be helpful in hanging on is breaking the 30 reps into mental checkpoints
• Thinking of the full set as 15-10-5 instead of 30 straight can help you stay focused on the larger task at hand
• Hold one head of the dumbbell with both hands for this movement
• The arms will finish parallel to the ground like they do in the Russian KB Swing
• Choose a weight that you can complete in 1-2 sets
• Demo: Video
• Substitute an odd object swing or another option from "modifications"
SINGLE DUMBBELL OVERHEAD CARRY
• Lock the dumbbell out overhead with one arm for the carries
• The elbow should be next to the ear so the body resembles "oI" not "o/"
• Choose a weight that allows you to complete the 30 foot segments unbroken
• Demo: Video
• Substitute an odd object carry or another option from "modifications"
• Use an AbMat for this station if you have it
• If not, you can anchor your feet under dumbbells or your couch