10 Knee Hug +Lunge and Twist
15sec Single Leg RDL Iso hold (each leg)
10 Scapular Push-Ups
20 Mountain Climbers
10 Scapular Pull-Ups
10 Kip Swings
300 Air Squats
If you have a 20# vest or body armor, wear it.
In honor of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, NY, who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005.
LOTS OF OPTIONS to break this workout up and have some fun.
A couple of things to consider:
1) if this is your first time doing Murph, I advise not wearing the weight vest.
2) If you have a Murph time under 45 minutes, adding the weight vest is do-able.
3) Grab a friend and complete the workout as a team!
Both partners run together
20 rounds of
5 pull ups
10 Push Ups
15 air squats (one partner does a round while other rests)
Both partners run together to finish
SOME popular break up Strategies:
1) 20 rounds: 5 pull ups+10 push ups +15 squats
2) 20 rounds: 5 push ups+5 Pull Ups+5 Push ups+15 air squats
3) 32 rounds: 3 pull ups+6 push ups+9 squats (plus 1 round of 4 pull ups+8 push ups+12 air squats)
Full body Mobility
Lacrosse Ball Glute Smash x 1min (each side)
Lacrosse Ball Pec Smash x 1min (each side)
Foam Roll Adductors x 1min (each side)
Foam Roll Abductors x 1min (each side)
Foam Roll Back x 1-2min
Elevated Pigeon Stretch x 2min (each side)